1. Do you like blue cheese? Yep. In a bewildering number of varieties. Cheeeeeeeeese, Grommit!
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? No. Taken a puff? Yes. Puked immediately thereafter? Also yes.
3. Do you own a gun? Not at the moment.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? And thus does Ponca City, Oklahoma, make it to the national stage… Malt powder, ’cause I usually get a chocolate malt at Sonic.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not really.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Yes. Particularly track dogs at oval racetracks, and the subspecies of "Indianapolis Motor Speedway track dog" is the top of that list.
7. Favorite Christmas Song? "Merry F***ing Christmas" as sung by Mr. Garrison on the South Park Christmas album.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Diet Dr. Pepper, or a nice whatever-the-largest-size-available-is peppermint mocha. With an extra shot of expresso. Or two.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes. Do I? Not with any regularity.
10. What’s your favorite meal? Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and cream gravy. Made myself, using my great-grandmother’s 112-year-old iron skillet. Or a double-meat cheeseburger with the onions fried in from Claud’s in Tulsa. Either way, I gotta make sure to take the Crestor and Trichor afterward…
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My Willow ring.
12. Favorite hobby? Mucking around with cars: racing, restoring, driving, serving as a race official, etc.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? "Idolize" no. Respect, yes, I’ve managed to earn that from most of my colleagues. Except for my dotted-line quasi-supervisor, which is likey an impossible task.
14. Do you have A.D.D? Never diagnosed. I actually tend to get monomaniacal with intense projects.
15. What’s one trait that you dislike about yourself? Oh, where should I start?
16. Middle name? Alan
17. Name 3 thoughts at this moment. I should be in bed. Robin Williams is still hilarious (he was just on Letterman). I am fortunate to have a friend like H.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Lunch. Dinner. A diet Mountain Dew.
20. Current worry right now? Where am I going to live after next month, and will I be able to afford it *and* paying for K’s life while she does grad school for the next 4 years?
21. Current hate right now? Politicians. All of ’em.
22. Favorite place to be? Pictured. Mentioned out loud, not.
23. How did you bring in New Years? at home with K, trying to stay awake.
24. Where would you like to go? I don’t know.
25. Name three people who will complete this? Well, the three who I snurched it from.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? All I see from my friends.
27. What color shirt are you wearing? Grey. Old racing t-shirt.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. Cotton, please. Soft. Finely woven.
29. Can you whistle? Yes.
30. Favorite color(s)? Blue, black.
31. Would you be a pirate? I already have the parrot.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Lately? "I Don’t Mind At All" by Bourgeois Tagg
33. Favorite girl’s name? Margaret
34. Favorite boy’s name? Padraig.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Lint.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Letterman letting Shannen Dougherty throw out the straight lines and double-entendres. Good show for Dave tonight: Robin Williams, Shannen, and Duffy singing.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Peanuts sheets.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Oh, where should I start? Okay, the dog bite: 56 stitches into my then-six-year-old face, including sewing my upper lip back together.
39. Do you love where you live? The area or the particular house? "Sorta" to the first, "Not at the moment" for the latter.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Hmmm. Probably D.
42. How many dogs do you have? None at this time.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I should be so lucky.
45. What is your favorite book? See that shelf? Any or all could be the answer to this.
46. What is your favorite candy? 3 Musketeers.
47. What is your favorite sports team? Detroit Red Wings; Team Penske.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I haven’t thought that far ahead.
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? In bed, watching Letterman, and online on the laptop.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? "Gotta pee! NOW!"