I snurched this from
but I know she snurched it from elsewhere, too:
And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-word answers seldom help anyone out.”
1. First Name: James, but go by Jim. Do not answer to “Jimmy” except for a half-dozen blood relatives who use that only to distinguish me from my namesake Uncle Jim, and even most of them have stopped that as I approach my 40th birthday
2. Age: 39, hit 40 at the end of August.
3. Location: SE Michigan, greater Detroit area.
4. Occupation: Engineer of automotive bits
5. Partner: The lovely, blindingly intelligent, and quite formidable K, who does not like her full name used here.
6. Kids: stepdaughter Miss E (see above on full names) just graduated high school.
7. Brothers/Sisters: One of each.
8. Pets: Scooter the cockatiel, a gift from Misty Lackey (who breeds the little featherheads) and Larry Dixon
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
a) Trying to stay in K’s good graces. This is harder than it sounds.
b) Keeping ahead at my job, which is increasingly hectic.
c) Organizing an SCCA autocross event
d) Trying to get my race car updated
10) Where and for what did you go to school for? University of Tulsa, Mechanical Engineering
11) Parents? Dad and stepmom live outside of Tulsa. Mom has not been among the living for nearly 31 years.
12) Who are some of your closest friends? Hmmm… Marcus & Jen, Rick & Lorae, Gary, (those three in the list are the people I know I can call at 4:30 in the morning with my house on fire and know that the whole world will be mobilized and in my driveway in a matter of minutes), Eileen and the girls, Heather, Paul, Tony & Linda (our “cruise parents”), Misty & Larry. None of whom have LJs to the best of my knowledge. On LJ, I count
among many as good friends, some of whom I’ve actually met in real life, some of whom I have not yet (emphasis on “yet”).