Snurched from kradical , who also snurched it. It’s a serial snurching.
1. Introduce yourself:
2. It’s Wednesday at noon, where are you usually doing?
Leaving the office for lunch.
3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Presently All Free and Clear, sometimes with a Clorox 2 chaser.
4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
There are many, but I use the Pert Plus.
5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
6. What countries have you been to?
Canada, Mexico, Japan, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico (okay, so it’s the US), US Virgin Islands (ditto), Antigua, Dominica, St. Maarten/St. Martin (Dutch/French, respectively, on the same rock), Barbados, Martinique (technically France), Aruba, Curaco, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, England, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria (although we only visited a VW salvage yard in Austria).
7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
I sometimes watch “Pimp My Ride”. Is that so wrong?
8. What do you think about Oprah?
She’s in danger of losing her Most Overexposed Person in American title to Rachael Ray.
9. What’s your favorite mixed drink?
Jack & Coke.
10. You need a new pair of jeans… what store do you go first?
I drive to the nearest Dilard’s (in Toledo, Ohio), because they have a Big & Tall section that has stuff for those of us who are one or the other but not necessarily both.
11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
12. What kind of car do you drive?
Daily driver/Tow Beast: ’99 Ford F350 Crew Cab diesel. Playtoy #1: ’99 Mustang Cobra. Playtoy #2 (in deep hibernation): ’65 Mustang I’ve had since I was 15.
13. Honestly, is that car insured?
All of them are. Even the ’65, which has comprehensive coverage while it’s in storage.
14. Do you like sushi?
Mmmmmmm…. sushi. Is there nothing it can’t do?
15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
I’ve been in *a* Tiffany & Co. store; I’ve been in two or three Saks stores, but not the mothership stores in NYC.
16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
Mostly, they didn’t resist when my grandparents spoiled us.
17. Do you like roller coasters?
18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribed to?
Oh, lord: CAR AND DRIVER, ROAD & TRACK, AUTOMOBILE, AUTOWEEK, MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS, SPORTSCAR (comes with SCCA membership), GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS, 4WHEEL & OFF ROAD, MICHIGAN LIVING (comes with AAA membership), INSIDE THE OVAL (comes with Team Ford Racing membership), AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING, a couple other trade-pubs I get free subscriptions to at work, and THIS OLD HOUSE. I pick up any of a number of other magazines — usually Mustang-related, as there are several titles devoted to the marque — as the need/want arises.
19. Do you remember when the WB shows were popular?
I stopped watching the WB after they axed BUFFY.
20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
If all I can do is go to one or the other, give me a decent bar/pub. If I have other choices, I’d probably go to the indoor race kart track and drink a beer after I’ve run two or three sessions.
21. Would you ever run for elected office?
Not a chance in hell.
22. Who do you think will be the next president?
See previous post on the masturbatory nature of the current campaign. Waaaay too much time between now and November, 2008.
23. Are you registered to vote?
24. Do you own an iPod?
Yes, a black 4GB 1st-gen nano.
25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
26. What kind of cologne/perfume do you wear?
27. Do you like Carrie Underwood?
She shore does look purdy, and she sangs real good, and she’s from my home state of Oklahoma. But I don’t do country as general rule. None of her music is on the aforementioned iPod’s 890-odd songs.
28. Been to “The Vegas”?
I’ve been to Las Vegas many, many times. Usually in the hottest part of the summer, as we base-camp there for test trips. The Las Vegas afternoon rush drive cycle in late July/August is a tough one to meet, incidentally.
29. How many CDs does your stereo hold?
One. Mostly we listen to the iPods, though: we have speakers.
30. Are you happy with your job?
31. Where do you work and what do you do there?
At an automotive supplier in SE Michigan. No, not one that’s in Chapter 11 or even close. We’re actually doing quite well, thanks, ’cause we sell to EVERYBODY. I design cooling system and front-of-engine bits, primarily water pumps, engine covers, the occasional oil pump. In the past, I’ve done complete cooling systems. You might have some of my stuff on your car.
32. What did you get in the mail today?
It’s Sunday. No mail.
33. How do you like your steak cooked?
Lightly killed and with an interior temperature just approaching blood heat. With prompt medical attention, it could moo again.
34. Britney Spears?
You can take the girl out of the swamp, but you can’t take the swamp out of the girl… or something like that. Her behavior is somewhat consistent with some other barely-educated swamp folk I know.
35. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?
#6, beef supreme on the gorditas, crunchy taco, with a bean burrito adder.
36. Have you ever sat all the way thru Gone With the Wind?
To the best of my knowledge, Senator, I cannot recall.
37. Have you ever been to Mt. Rushmore?
No, but I’ve been close (Rapid City, SD)
38. Is it just me, or was The Marine (w/John Cena) a really horrible movie?
It probably is just you, but I suspect the movie (which I didn’t see) was pretty bad. I’ll probably watch it late some night on TNT or FX.
39. Are surveys like the cocaine of myspace/ live journal?
40. Where is your favorite place (that you have actually been to)?
Tough call. I like SE Florida except for the hurricane threat and the mosquitos. I like Tulsa but can’t do what I love there, and I’ve kinda outgrown it. I like the Phoenix/Scottsdale area except for the insane prices and photo radar. I’d love to have a vacation place on Grand Cayman or Aruba or St. Thomas.
41. What is your favorite candle scent?
No candles – we have a cockatiel.
42. Do you believe places can really be haunted?
300,000+ really cheesed-off ghosts in Hiroshima can’t be wrong, can they?
43. Do you smoke cigarettes?
44. Have you ever been to NYC or LA?
Yep. I was actually born in LA.
45. What format radio station is your car stereo set to?
Rock & alternative.
46. Do you think 50 questions is enough?
47. Are you currently planning a trip?
48. Is Ryan Seacrest gay?
So what if he is?
49. Do you take sleeping pills?
50. Have you ever googled your name and found out somebody famous or semi-famous shares your name?
The most “famous” Crider out there is B- or C-list actress Missy Crider. As far as Jim Criders go, there’s a philandering doctor in Washington State, the guy who has the James Crider domain is not me and not someone I know, and there are a few others around including at least one guy serving in Iraq, a professional rodeo cowboy and a guy in Arkansas involved with various Chamber of Commerce-type stuff. You’ll find the first actual mention of me near the bottom of page two of the listings, a reference to my old online presence as co-sysop of the Delphi Automotive Forum. If you keep digging, if it’s automotive-related, odds are it’s me. If it’s not, odds are it’s not me. Searching “autojim” gets a lot more of me, except there’s a 23-year-old kid in Denver now using my nom de net on a few fora, but who is not me. Don’t worry, we’ll cross paths soon enough. Heh.